[bksvol-discuss] Re: question

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 21:29:37 -0700

Hi, Judy, I should think cookbooks can be regarded as instructional in
nature, given that you're learning how to use a formula to make something to
eat as well as the educational grasp one derives from learning about the
history, culture, and habits of eating among a particular people. I should
think gardening, woodworking, fabric making (weaving, knitting, etc.) could
be regarded as educational, but admittedly one isn't getting a grade for it,
except if somebody falls over if food tastes vile or is in raptures because
it tastes good. Regards, Kim.