[bksvol-discuss] Re: question

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:09:48 -0400

Hi all,

Sounds like those numbers are in computer braille or Nemeth, just like they're
supposed to be.  I'd have to see the braille to know.  It's dificult when you
hear it.

Ann P.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 09:14:00PM -0700, Jill O'Connell wrote:
> The following example from Rival Crock-Pot Recipes is really what I'm
> concerned about; I have a feeling this must be a braille translation
> thing and wonder how it could be prevented.
> #1&frac#12(dots 5-6 I think)pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
> &frac#12(dots 5-6?)cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
> &frac#12(dots 5-6teaspoon salt.
> Do you suppose this is 1-1/2 pounds chicken, one half cup plus 2
> tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt? I put in the number sign to
> reproduce it in braille.  I put the braille dots in parentheses; they
> might be 2-3, I'm really not sure. Since this isn't the only Bookshare
> recipe book I have seen like this, I am concerned about what could or
> should have been done; it isn't just scanning errors that concern me and
> hopefully this isn't even happening anymore. If others are concerned
> about this  problem, please download this book to see what I'm talking
> about. Jill I'll be sure to look at your book, Mike.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike and Lori Castner"
> <mandlcastner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
Email:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site:  http://www.portaltutoring.info
blog:  http://www.samobile.net/users/akp
Skype:  Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT