[bksvol-discuss] Re: question

  • From: Jamie Yates <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:12:37 -0400

I just scanned a book (Elm Creek Quilters) with recipes in it, and have done
quite a few cookbooks for Bookshare, and one problem is that 1/2 scans as
1/4 or vice versa. Without being able to look at the printed page, you don't
know for sure that you got the right fraction. I also get % a lot instead of
a fraction or even 1/Y for either 1/2 or 1/4. Sometimes 1/z comes out too
though that is almost always 1/2 but you still have to look to be sure.

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Lost: The Search for Six of Six Million by Daniel