[bksvol-discuss] Re: proofreading questions

  • From: Regina Alvarado <reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:45:21 -0400

Hmmmm! There was a decision made a while ago that – (M dashes) did not need the
2 dashes, just one.  Perhaps someone took it to heart, not on this list I would
bet, and took both dashes out.  I tend to believe it was the proofer.  The way
I handle – is I put them up against the word before and after with only one
hyphen/dash.  Many, many times I have seen spaces around the 2 dashes.  I do
not know if that is scanning or books are being written that way now, but it
helps with reading continuity in Braille to have the spaces taken out.

Reggie

  _____