[bksvol-discuss] Re: proofreading questions

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:02:14 -0700

Okay, got it!  Thanks.

Lori

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Judy s.
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 2:40 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: proofreading questions

Hi, Lori,

Sorry for the confusion.  Let me see if I can clarify. smile. If you choose, as
a proofreader, you can replace each em-dash with two hyphens.  I do that
myself, because I like to go back sometimes and re-read the rtf of a book that
I proofread.  But you can choose instead to just leave the em-dashes as they
are.  They will get converted to two hyphens by the bookshare conversion tool
after the proofreader uploads it back to Bookshare.  The bookshare conversion
tools didn't used to be able to do that, but now they can.

Is that clearer? if not, let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Judy s.

On 7/27/2012 4:33 PM, Lori Castner wrote:

Judy, I don’t understand what you are saying.  You are saying to replace the
mdash with two hyphens and then saying that the bookshare tools replace the
mdashes with two hyphens.  I’m missing the difference!

Lori C.