[bksvol-discuss] Re: proofreading question

  • From: Vivian Flores <vivian@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 08:28:02 -0800

Hi Mayrie;

So are you saying we can now use ellipses? The proofreading manual says otherwise, it says to remove all ellipses and replace with three dots, no spaces in between dots, and no space before the dots, and a space after the dots.

https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/4.2+C.+8.+Standardize+ellipses

I've followed the above since I started proofing.

Another question, if we can use ellipses, do we need to replace the three dots with an ellipse?

Thanks,

Vivian

At 07:51 AM 3/5/2012 -0800, you wrote:
Hi Mike,

You're welcome.  This will be included in the upcoming, revised scanning and
proofreading manual.

Mayrie