[bksvol-discuss] Re: proof reading and other things? questions, comments.

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 19:34:05 EDT

Everyone's first efforts are going to be worse than their later efforts.
What to do about it? Just keep working at it, reading this list and asking
questions. Gradually you will get better at it.

                                                                  "Can a
nation be free if it oppresses other nations? It cannot." Vladimir Lenin

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] proof reading and other things? questions, comments.
Date:
8/23/2009 7:15:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
gstweedy@xxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Sense I am really basically a newby, in that,

I haven't been

doing this very long,

I really know little about nothing

it hasn't worked as I would have hoped, in that,

when I set out to do a thing accomplish something, learn something,

I want to do well, feel like I'm making progress in said thing.

I don't know it well, nor do

it well, but  scanning is something I have done before, so it's not so much
unknown,

 I had thought I'd just proof read sense I'm having so much trouble
scanning well,

but it makes no sense to me that thing I read,

let's put it this way,

I'm a few fries short of a happy meal in smartness, where some can catch on
well, and just pick up on anything

I cannot.

I have to write everything down in steps when I learn the steps I'm fine.

But what most of y'all know,

I don't.

Sense I've never seen a book

I never   paid attention to pages numbers.

I know in Braille the left page numbers were on the upper left and the odd
number pages were on the bottom right,

but kurtzweil just mixes me up.

Except for finishing a sentence,

or a thought I have no earthly idea  whether I've  skipped a page or not I
hit my page up page down but I found out that is wrong,

so I couldn't proof read,

I can take carrots and astrics and titles and author things out stuff like
that

and I saw a book I tried to read on this site,

I finally had to give it  up,

because

it  sounded jumpy when it was reading so I wanted to find out why,

and I found out,

like in almost every paragraph there were words like this split,

de-

cide

may-

be

doc

tor

now I can fix things like that

I understand that.

I came on board hoping I could help

but so far,

I have not lived upto my nor certainly your  expections,

and it makes me well,

sad, mad? discouraged, discusted?

Am I by myself, has or does anybody else ever have or go through this stuff
when you were new or whatever, and what in the world did you do about it?

This has been a silly email and rambling sorry won't take up any more of
your time thanks.