[bksvol-discuss] Re: problem with a book

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 17:26:22 -0400

Dear Robert,

You can ask the person who scanned the book to contact you with the information
you need.

You can also call your local library. If they have the same edition of the book
you are working on, which is usually the case if it has the same ISBN,
librarians will sometimes dictate the table of contents over the phone or
provide other information as long as you don't take up too much of their time.

Grandma Cindy and Jamie Yates often help us when we are working on books we
feel are worthwhile but have snags in them we can't untangle without vision.
I'm thinking Jamie is a little overwhelmed with her family, job, and pharmacy
studies, but I shouldn't speak for her.

If you ask Cindy or Jamie for help, and the job isn't overwhelming, they'll
get the print copy of a book that's giving us problems from their library  and
help us. They might provide some chapter names and page numbers, or scan a few
missing pages, or answer specific questions about garbled words. Cindy has
helped me with both of these problems. If the whole book was a muddle, I'd put
it back on step one or reject it, but if it's just a matter of a few problems,
both ladies have been very helpful.

If you feel really stumped and solving the problem will take more time than you
want to give it, try getting a different book from step one, a book with an
excellent rating that may be more validator friendly.

Good luck.

Always with love,

Lissi