[bksvol-discuss] Re: poor job/same title different ISBN

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 00:57:26 -0600

Thanks for acknowledging all the time that goes into picture descriptions.
Alas, I only "steer" Doug; telling him the amount and type of description I
think fits a given book and then edit his descriptions.  He does all the heavy
lifting. Glad you enjoyed Sisters of the Scituate Light; Nichole loved it since
Sheina could not pronounce Scituate and told her the two of them would just
call them the Skittle lights.  LOL  Jamie did Auntie Claus and I proofed.  She
always does a great job on her scans!

I have had a couple of blind parents tell me they can better describe things to
their kids with picture captions so I am pleased it can improve that bond  and
improve opportunities with sighted children.

Valerie