[bksvol-discuss] Re: please ad to "book being scanned" list

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 19:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Rik

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

--- On Sun, 9/6/09, Rik James <rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Rik James <rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] please ad to "book being scanned" list
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 2:08 PM

Here is a book I am currently scanning, if you would like to put it on the
list...

Fighting For Air: The Battle To Control America's Media.
by Eric Klinenberg
2007

I don't see it in the collection.
I'm a bit over 100 pages into it. It's a hardcover first edition.

Eric says people care passionately about this issue. He has witnessed
average citizens spend hours in line, and hours sitting in a crowded
auditorium, for their chance to say one thing to the commissioner of the
FCC. Everywhere Congressional officials have media discussions, hundreds of
people show up to discuss issues relating to consolidation such as cable
choice, media bias, minority ownership, or decency standards. Eric feels the
American people are with him on this issue, and that media reform is already
starting to happen.

I got a chance to ask Eric some of my questions about his book and media
consolidation, as well as relay some questions posed by Seminal readers on
the issue. What he had to say was fascinating to me, and I think is of
interest to all Americans.

By the way, I have currently 3 books I have submitted awaiting download by
Bookshare proofreaders.

1 - The Mayor Of MacDougal Street
         by Dave Van Ronk and Elijah Wald

2 - Younger Next Year
     by Henry Lodge & Chris Crowley

3 - A People's History Of Sports In The United States
      by Dave Zirin

Thanks.
Rik James