[bksvol-discuss] Re: play a game?

  • From: "groups Warford" <groups_warford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Jamie Yates'" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bookshare Volunteer List" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:12:20 -0400

Hi y'all!
First thanks to Jamie in Michigan for copying me about the games since I've
been off list for a while.  Rick and I will be glad to host Are You Smarter
than a Fifth Grader Wednesday night.  Let's start gathering about 8:30 edt
in the Bookshare community room.  (See announcement below my signature for
details.)

I'm looking forward to hearing some familiar voices and meeting new people.
It seems like it's been ages!
Hope to see you there.
Best,
Cindy 4

Have you ever wanted to be on a game show? Think you are smart enough to be
the last person standing and win it all? Do you think you "Are Smarter than
a 5th Grader"? Come to the Bookshare Community Room at
<outbind://30-00000000FB7215111F1F0C4DB7C6488F9386DE03042C4800/www.Accessibl
eWorld.org> www.AccessibleWorld.org on Wednesday night, April 1st (no
fooling!) starting around 8:30 p.m. edt and find out. (Either go to the
Accessible World web site and click on the link for the Bookshare Community
Room or go directly to the room with the link
<http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e>
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e.)

About "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader"

Class is in session-how much have you forgotten since grammar school? Step
up to the podium and put your smarts on the line to see if you're smarter
than a 5th grader! Go ahead and play.we won't tell! The pressure is rising!
Reach the Million Dollar Question and realize that you are on your own. See
only the subject of the questions before deciding to proceed or drop out of
school.

We will divide into teams, and each team will get a chance to answer 11
questions, from 1st Grade level to 5th Grade level in one of 5 categories
(Math, Social studies, English & Language Arts, Science, Art, Music and
More.) Get the question correct and you win more money, get it wrong and you
flunk out of school. And in this school you can cheat by asking for help
from your virtual 'class mates'. To cheat you can:

Peek: You can see what your classmate wrote down as the answer, and choose
whether to go along with it or not. If you choose to use this cheat, you
must answer the question and may not drop out.

Copy: You are locked into whatever answer your classmate wrote down, without
being able to see it first.

Save: If you get an answer incorrect but your classmate does not, you are
credited with a correct answer.

If you don't want to risk losing the money you have earned, you can always
drop out - but you then have to admit 'You are not Smarter than a 5th
Grader.'

Forbidden fruits create many jams.
--Author Unknown

  _____