[bksvol-discuss] Re: plan to scan

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:45:02 -0400 (EDT)

Jill

Those "ratings" will always remain a mystery as, in large part, they are a
result of the ratings assigned by submitters and validators which make
them exceedingly subjective.
Thus, I'd take them with a grain of salt as I'll bet that many books, if
we gave them to 10 people to rate, without any guidance, they might have
exceedingly different views.
The nature of what BookShare is precludes this kind of thing from
changing.
As scanning software technology improves, the average Bookshare book will
be better and better;
of course, our expectations may outpace that improvement making us even
more demanding.