[bksvol-discuss] Re: petition to put the new books back on the front page

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 07:25:39 -0700

Kim here. Assuming everything's okay, I use Jaws to go to visited links, so
I hit Browse, press Enter, select most recent books, and check out that
which has been added to the collection during the previous day, hit Go,
press enter when I know how many books have been added, and read synopses.
Voila, I get to know what's there (which satisfies my 'satiable curiosity,
according to the Elephant's Child. That's one thing I definitely like about
the new site. On the old site, there was no selection in a combo box for
checking out what was added the previous day. So here is my routine (such as
it is): 1. wait until midnight 2. go to the Bookshare web site, 3. select
"Browse books", 4. select "new books", 5. select "in the last day" 6. hit
go, making sure I have 100 results per page, 7. make sure I read about books
in List view, 8. hit Enter when it says: "skip to 1 of 96", and 9. read to
my heart's content. After looking at what's on Bookshare, I have to check
out the Project Gutenberg web site to find out what books have been posted,
so I press the RSS feed  link, and read what's been going on there. I never
imagined I'd have a computer routine involving Internet Explorer, but so it
goes (sigh). To think I could be doing something impractical like actually
reading a book or playing my guitar. But what do I do instead? Right, check
out email messages and do the routine I've mentioned. On Fridays, I have to
know what's been added to the NLSBARD web sites. I didn't know when I got
this computer of mine that I'd be hit with download fever. Now if only I'd
sit down and read the stuff I've downloaded! Regards, Kim aka Ellinder.