[bksvol-discuss] perfectionists can become volunteers

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:30:24 -0400

Being a bookshare volunteer allows me to experience being a perfectionist and chanel those tendencies into worthwhile endeavors. I get to play a big role in getting books into bookshare in as good shape as possible. Folks who are scanning can assist by using optimize scan in k1000, rank spelling and by scanning a few pages as a test before doing the whole book. You will get feedback from that. Doing scanning takes a lot of time and this preparation gives us validators a better starting point. I do not have as much patience for scanning as I do for validating. With a good scan, validating can go so much faster.

Thanks for submitting things folks. I rarely do and because of you I get to read all kinds of things.

E.