[bksvol-discuss] Re: penbook and kurzweil

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:07:21 -0500

Do you mean "pearl"?  We have both Pearl and kurzweil and find Kurzweil
often does a better job in producing bookshare-quality books.  I have tried
to shoot books with Pearl and open book and, while the pearl is very fast, I
have found it very difficult to produce bookshare-quality material.  If you
have openbook 9, the settings out of the box should do fine.  As to the
camera,  You might find an 11 inch by 14 inch piece of white non-reflective
poster board helps if your shooting surface is oak-patterned such as is
found in some of the particle board computer stands.  Try shooting with and
without camera light and make sure your room lights are on.  Be careful of
your fingers--they are easy to get in the shot.