[bksvol-discuss] Re: paragraphs--indented or line skipped between?

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:20:16 -0700

Hi Rita,

        I believe that Bookshare's tools remove any extra blank lines.

I hope that Jake or Pratik will weigh in on this topic. But this is what I remember having read. It makes no difference whether you leave blank lines or indentations in your files. Here is the deal. Whether you leave an extra blank line or indent the paragraphs, the hard return at the end of a paragraph is the marker that the daisy tools look for and use to know where the paragraphs end and subsequently begin. /All extra tabs, spaces, and blank lines are stripped. So, any extra work that you all go to inserting these things is wasted, because only the hard returns that denote the end/beginning of a paragraph in an rtf document are used to tell the daisy where paragraphs are. All other formatting is lost. So, don't knock yourself out with formatting involving extra blank lines, or spaces. It will be stripped anyway.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I am almost positive that Jake and or Pratik have said this before when the subject has come up.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 12:38 PM 3/20/2008, you wrote:
Hi Cindy
I will go for indented. Jaws goes to wherever the text is but I don't think I would like a lot of blank lines when I am reading braille. I prefer reading my books in braille.
Rita