[bksvol-discuss] Re: paragraph spacing

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:25:55 -0600

Hi Cindy,
Feel free to leave the books formatting of paragraphs alone. If the original file starts with paragraphs indented, try to follow that pattern. If they have a blank line between them, stick with that. Basically what you've been doing.

The reasoning is this. A DAISY player will decide how to render paragraphs. The BookShare tool will put paragraph tags around the correct areas and that'll tell the DAISY interpreter what paragraph is which and it will display accordingly. During the conversion to Braille the translator should automatically remove those extra lines, at least in my experience.

So don't worry about changing the format globally, as that of course can have bad intensions too, like deleting the lines around page numbers which we don't want.

One less thing to worry about makes for a good Monday right? *grin*

Cheers!
Jake