[bksvol-discuss] Re: paper back scans

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:07:30 -0500

Hi Gisela,
    OpenBook's Automatic settings are limited to the brightness it uses. It
won't automatically/optomize any other setting, so be sure to always experiment
with the settings. You might try 400dpi if you aren't already. As well try
despeckle in both settings, on and off.
    As a last resort you can try color scanning, but be aware that sometimes it
is necessary to do a book in multiple files with this setting, I've been told
OpenBook likes crashes while using this mode.

HTH,
Jake