[bksvol-discuss] Re: pages that won't scan right.

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 16:08:46 -0400

Hi, Donna. Thanks for explaining how you scan. I am going to try it to see if I like it your way. I'm wondering about a couple of things though. One downside I can see is that when I scan and recognize pages at the same time, I get immediate feedback on a page that has gotten messed up somehow. Since you scan images only and then recognize, how do you find pages that are garbled quickly? Does Kurzweil have a feature to take you directly to badly scanned pages? Also, I would think that going back and finding the right page in the print book could be time consuming, especially in a thick book. How do you do things like this? The way I'm doing things now lets me immediately rescan a page, so there's no flipping through the book to find pages. I'm willing to change how I do things though if my scans will be better.

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today!" Will Rogers
Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx
Add rhyami to your Skype if you'd like to chat.