[bksvol-discuss] page numbers and real priorities

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:25:14 -0500

I have been validating since late 2002. I have been dilligent about page numbers, making sure they are there and protecting them. If they are not showing up in daisy format or braille format this ought to be a priority of bookshare engineering.

I attended last tuesday's discussion of engineering ideas for the future. Page numbering is more important than any future ideas brought up at that meeting as far as I am concerned. I do not know the status of print page numbers in books in the general collection for sure so please take that lack of knowledge into account. Accurate page numbering is vital as has been discussed over and over again on this list. They are part of accuracy. Accuracy is more important than interesting ideas about searches or toolbars or social sites. Without accuracy, the product the user gets will be inferior or unuseable. Let's think about real priorities.

E.