[bksvol-discuss] Re: page numbers

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 22:25:25 -0500

Keeping page numbers is prefered, but headers aren't necessary.  Of course
books without page numbers are still accepted.  Bookshare may or may not
strip the page numbers, which has been a hotly disputed matter in the past,
but the page numbers are used to get the page count right during the
validation and conversion processes.
Did you know that Kurzweil can not only strip the page headers, but can also
avoid reading them while leaving them in tact?  I don't like to remove them,
but I do have it avoid reading headers.  I have it set to squeak for a page
turn, so if something is wrong at that point I know there must be a page
missing or something, and can compare page numbers.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net