[bksvol-discuss] Re: page number question

Hi Siobhan,

As Cindy mentioned earlier, K1000 takes into consideration preliminary pages when doing its page count. So, let's say that there are five pages of preliminary material, copyright notices, dedication, table of contents, and the like, the actual text of the story will begin on what K1000 calls page 6. You do need to make note of any pages that might be missing though. For instance, if page one of the text started on K1000's page 6, you know that there are five pages of preliminary material. But, if the page number reads 10, and K1000 calls that page 14, your page count isn't consistent, and you can guess that there are two pages of text missing because your page count should have been six pages off, not four.

I hope I haven't confounded you completely. I just wanted you to know that sometimes the difference in the numbers of pages can be due to missing pages or pages scanned more than once, as well as taking into consideration the existence of preliminary pages.

        Peace,
Mayrie

At 10:35 AM 11/24/2007, you wrote:
Hi all. The book I ust decidd to validate has page numbers, but it's different fromk1000 it will say page fifty nine, but the number sixty is writte there. does anyone know what I should do, or if i should just leave them there. thanks.