[bksvol-discuss] Re: page breaks and Hard page breaks

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:07:38 -0400

Nancy.
A soft page break is when Word or whatever program you're using automatically runs over to the next page. To correct this in Word, you go to Page Setup which is in the File menu and then hit control tab until you get to the paper tab. You can then select the paper size as Legal which should get rid of those random soft page breaks. (Thanks to Jamie for this tip.)

Hard page breaks are what I think of as real page breaks. They're the actual pages in the book and should correspond with the print copy. There's an actual character in the file that tells it that a new page is starting.

Does that help?
Christina

----- Original Message ----- From: "NANCY M HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>