[bksvol-discuss] Re: our commitment to you: from Jim Fruchterman and Betsy Beaumon

  • From: Emily Harrison <greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 10:14:11 -0600

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you saying that it's okay to enjoy what we do, as long as we don't
> pitch fits if what we do isn't what's needed any more?

Yes, of course this is what I'm saying.  I certainly think there's nothing
wrong with enjoying volunteering, but the actual point of volunteering is
not to enjoy oneself.  Rather, it is to accomplish a common goal.  With this
mindset, enjoying the activity of volunteering should hopefully be a
pleasant side-effect.

--
Emily Harrison
greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx