[bksvol-discuss] Re: our commitment to you: from Jim Fruchterman and Betsy Beaumon

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 02:04:16 -0500

Due to recent developments in the bookshare community and the changing roles
and treatment of its volunteers, I feel I must resign as a bookshare volunteer.
I feel that my time can be better spent volunteering for an organization that
pays more than lip service to being committed to its volunteers, and valuing
the time and effort they put into the work they do.

If I'm going to work hard at something, I want it to be something that actually
means something in a long-term sense, rather than until the next change in
policy. Over the years, I've seen far too much disregard for bookshare's
volunteers.

I have several things that I planned to proofread. I will return them to the
checkout page, and others can take them, as they see fit. I apologize to anyone
this inconveniences, but I can not give any more of my time to an organization
that values it so little.

In many ways, I have enjoyed my time as a bookshare volunteer. I've met a lot
of really great people, and have gotten to read some really great books.
However, change is a part of life, and, after reading this email, which I know
most of you found perfectly reasonable, I decided it was time for me to make a
change.

I wish you all nothing but the best. I hope bookshare is able to achieve
whatever goals it hopes to achieve. It's an invaluable service.

Should anyone like to contact me for any reason, you may do so at:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,
Solstice Singer
Are you a fan of women's music? If so, join me, each Wednesday evening from
7-10 eastern, for The Eclectic Collection: a Celebration of Women In Music.
Point your media player to:
http://mojoradio.us:9090