[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot thunderbird is accessible

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:51:16 EDT

As long as the subject of email clients has come up maybe someone can
explain something to me. When I first got Internet access I started out with
AOL
as my ISP. As soon as AOL changed their rules that made it easier to drop
them and still use their email I did drop them and signed up with another ISP.
I had been loathe to do that before because my AOL email address was
registered in so many places. After dropping them, though, I continued to use
the
AOL software for my email. It was all I had known and it was working
perfectly well for me. I did have Outlook Express on my computer, but I had
always
ignored it. Then about a year ago I set up a Gmail account. While reading
the instructions at Gmail I learned that I could have my email from there
delivered to Outlook Express. I am using my Gmail account to receive messages
from various Yahoo groups that are not particularly time sensitive for me, so
they tend to pile up. I tried my best to follow the instructions but I never
did manage to get my Gmail to show up in my Outlook Express. I finally gave
up and went back to ignoring Outlook Express. However, since that time I
have logged on to my computer several times and received a message that
Outlook Express is full and that it can compress messages to save space. I
click
the prompt to compress those messages, but when I look in Outlook Express it
always appears to be empty. I just wonder if emails are piling up on my hard
drive that are somehow invisible to me and taking up space that will slow
down my computer. If they are I haven't figured out how to detect them or how
to do anything about them. Does anyone know what is going on?

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies
the end.
" Leon Trotsky

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot thunderbird is accessible
Date:
9/5/2009 2:47:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
gstweedy@xxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I am always a bit fearful to do new things like that for email wow.  I've
heard it's good though.