[bksvol-discuss] Re: o.t sleep and Jeopardy

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:17:18 -0500

Cindy,

In Jeopardy's recent Ultimate Tournament of Champions, Alex explained that
there are lights around the board which the television audience can not see
that indicate when the contestants are allowed to ring in.  The blind
contestant you spoke of competed in this tournament, and Jeopardy provided a
tone that could be heard on TV as well as in the studio which was
synchronized with the lights so the contestant you spoke of would not be at
a disadvantage when ringing in.  It was interesting since it gave the TV
audience a chance to see how quick the contestants have to be with their
signaling devices.

Gerald