[bksvol-discuss] Re: o.t. outlook express

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:36:49 -0700

Monica,these "folders" in outlook express are actually *.dbx files.
What I'd do is hit windows f, then tab to where it says "all files &
folders".  Once u activate it by pressing enter or space, you're asked
for all or part of the filename, at which point type in *.dbx (that's
asterisk period dbx).  At this point activate the search button.  Tab
to the list view when it's done, select all files found by pressing
ctrl a, then copy ctrl c.  U can then either paste them in your
favorite cd program for burning or to an external drive.

To put them on your new computer, the easiest way is to install
outlook express, then go to the file menu, select import wizard,
select messages, & point to wherever it is you've stored your backed
up files.  HTH.

On 10/1/07, Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, you can. The JFW Lite site has some backup programs for Outlook Express
> that work pretty well. Go to
> www.jfwlite.com
> Take care.
> --
> Julie Morales
> Email & Windows/MSN Messenger: mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx
> I sell Avon, All Mixed Up gourmet mixes and candles and other scents from
> Scentsational Delights. Ask me for more
> specific information if you're interested!
> Currently in Winchester Regional, Virginia Partly Cloudy, 64°F Wind:ESE-120°
> at 5mph
> HANDKERCHIEF:  Cold Storage.
>

> Monica Svopa wrote:
> > Hello list.  Next week or so, I am going to move files from my old
> > computer to the new one with the help of a sighted friend i hope.  I
> > wondered, does anyone know if I can move all of my folder information
> > from my inbox and the other folders to the new computer?  If so, how can
> > I do this?  Thanks.
> >
> > Monica Svopa

Jackie McBride
Check out my homepage at: