[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot cats

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:58:51 -0400

Julie & Kellie et.al,

All cats are weird and some are weirder than others.  Every cat I have
previously shared a home with has loved peanut butter.  Not my current
roommates.  Neither one will touch the stuff.  Nor will they eat tuna,
sardines, turkey (real) or any other people food I have offered.  Tybalt will
eat almost every cat treat by any brand.  Ygraine rarely eats cat treats but
both Love Purina's Friskies Hairball Remedy for Adult Cats but  you have to be
careful to limit them to 6 once any given day.

Warning to any fans of Nutro Cat Foods.  They have a new one: Max Cat / Gourmet
 Classics /Salmon Flavor/ Adult.  Not only would neither of my cats eat it but
every ant within five miles came running and I have not had ants in this
apartment in over ten years. At first I did not realize that it was the cat
food which is dry but I thought that the cat food just happened to be where
they arrived; but no.  I cleaned up, put out mouse poison, and put their  food
in the kitchen (which they hated) where there had never been any ants.  Two
days later the ants found the food.  Now the food has been removed from the
apartment and is on its way to the dump by way of the pet store and chlorox has
cleaned up my apartment and the ant bait is more or less precautionary.
Without that food, the ants have not come back.

Amy

Happily ant free

JPEG image