[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot bank of america scam

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 08:22:42 -0400

Hello.
E-mails like this are sent out all the time, whether you have an account or a credit card with the bank in the subject line or not. I do not know of any banks or credit card companies that would ask you to verify your personal information through an e-mail; they'll call if they think there's a problem.
When in doubt, call the financial institution to confirm.
It's also a good idea to get a copy of your credit report once a year just to be sure everything on there is accurate. Otherwise, you may be very surprised when you, say, pull it to buy a house or try to obtain another sort of loan. It can take a while to correct any errors so it's best to take action as soon as you are aware of any discrepancies.

Similar e-mails have also been sent out over the years claiming to be from Ebay or Paypal as well.
HTH,
Christina