[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot accessible iPods

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 19:10:52 -0400

Hello, all.
I'm not technically savvy so, which MP3 player is the easiest to use and, does it already come with speech software?
Christina

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:00:47 -0700
From: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just curious though, what is rockbox for anyway? I have had my
bookport since 2005, and it plays mp3 and audio books so I've been
told, and bookshare digital and brf versions of books. It has an alarm
clock like feature, but still it is ok, every once in a great while
mine freezes up on me though but other than that, it is ok, especially
if you're used to hearing synthetic speech, isn't it double talk or
something?

On 6/9/08, Chela Robles  wrote:
I have the BookPort from APH, and it is ok, I did find some querks
with it just recently though.

On 6/9/08, Shelley Rhodes  wrote:
I beg to differ about Kurzweil, but that is me, smile.

I do love the VR Stream and it looks like a truly cool device.

The Icon is a great little device I have the one from APH, called the
Braille+ which is the same device but with a braille keyboard.

Several of my students use them as back up notetakers.

It is great!

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

"Courage is not being without fear,
but courage is to go forward in spite of
fear."