[bksvol-discuss] Re: o/t: Web Visum improves website access for blind

  • From: "Laura Ann Grymes, LMT" <agape.wellness.massage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 13:07:33 -0500

hi MOnica,
How do you set the page up to automatically unpack your books?
That is cool.
Laura Ann
At 12:57 PM 7/13/2008, you wrote:
This is way cool! I've been a Firefox user for years, and this is like
getting extra candy at Christmas. (smile) For those of you who use
Internet Explorer, Firefox works very well if you have Jaws 7 or later
or have a version of Window Eyes released within the last two years or
so. For the most part, web pages act and sound like what you're used
to seeing in Internet Explorer. Firefox does work very well with
Bookshare, and I've set it up to automatically unpack books when I
download them.

One feature I really like is that Firefox has a password manager that
can remember your user name and password for each site you visit and
will just fill those in for you when you arrive at the site. You can
set a master password that you enter after starting the browser if
you're concerned about someone accessing your user names and such. So
when I get to the Bookshare site, all I have to do is look for the
log-in button. I press enterand am good to go from there.

--
Monica Willyard

Laura Ann Grymes, LMT Licensed Massage Therapist
Wellness massage with an agape touch!