Thanks for the instructions. I'll try it and see if it works.
I'm pasting in the instructions I have. I hope this will solve your problem.
Kellie From: "Irene Sumbera" <irene.sumbera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "BrailleNote discussion list" <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [braillenote] RE: Where'd my spell checker go?
Date: Thursday, September 04, 2003 11:58 PM
Hi peggy, Try these for fixing your problem. Are you using keysoft 5? Reinstating Spelling Dictionary
These instructions reinstate the Spelling Dictionary if it has "disappeared"
running KeySoft 5.0. They also stop the problem reoccurring.
This disappearance will only occur if you have a machine with a Braille
and perform a 4-5-6 Reset when running KeySoft 5.0, and if the software was
installed from the package downloaded from the SDW site.
Steps 1 to 8 re-instate the appropriate spelling dictionary for your machine
Dictionaries folder on the KeySoft System Disk.
Steps 9 to 17 copy this re-instated dictionary file to the Dictionaries folder of the Flash Disk. This prevents a reoccurrence of the problem if you perform a subsequent 4-5-6 Reset.
Step 18 re-instates the Version 5 User Guide that was "clobbered" during the
instatement of the spelling dictionary.
Steps 19 to 22 verify that the spelling checker is working again.
Steps 23 and 24 check that the Version 5 User Guide is accessible.
So, here we go:
1. Turn speech On.
2. From the Information item on the Main Menu determine which language
on the end of your Serial Number. In general, machines in the US will show
suffix, and machines outside the US will show a UK suffix.
3. Go to Utilities Menu, press a, to select "Application Program".
4. At the "Run Program from which Drive?" prompt, press k to select the KeySoft System Disk.
5. At the "Directory name? prompt, press Space once to display the start of
directory list, then press W to select the "Windows" folder. Press Enter to
press Enter again to confirm your selection.
6. At the "Program Name?" prompt, press Space once to display the start of
the list of
programs in KeySoft System Disk slash Windows. Press u repeatedly until you
display 'uk_bnb' if you have a machine with a UK suffix on the Serial
'us_bnb' if you have a US suffix on the Serial Number, then press Enter.
7. At the Command Line? prompt, press dots 3-4 then s, with no space between the slash and the s, then press Enter.
8. You will be returned to the Utilities Menu.
9. Go to Main Menu and select the File Manager, Copy File option.
10. At the "Source Drive?" prompt, select the KeySoft System Disk.
11. At the "Source Folder Name? prompt, select the Dictionaries folder.
12. At the "Source File Name? prompt, press Space with X until you receive
message "Entry type all files".
13. Press Space once, then press u until you display the spelling dictionary file. For UK machines it is "UK Spelling Dictionary", and for US machines it is "USA Spelling Dictionary", then Press Enter.
14. At the "Destination Drive?" prompt, select the Flash Disk.
15. At the "Destination Folder Name?" prompt, select the Dictionaries folder, and press Enter
16. You should get the message that one file has been copied, and be returned to the File Manager menu.
17. Return to the Main Menu.
18. Press Reset with no keys held down.
19. Open a document and select the Spell Check, and go to the item "Select
20. At the prompt English Spelling Dictionary to Use?, Press K for the UK,
or S for
the US. You will be returned to the Spelling checker menu.
21. Perform a document check to convince yourself that the spell check is working.
22. Return to main Menu.
23. Go to Options Menu, press U to select the User Guide.
24. Press I to select the Index, and V to display the version of the Manual. It should be "V5.0 D1 BrailleNote BT"
25. All should now be sweet.