To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 3:35 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: optional hyphens

Tom,

I haven't tried to answer this before because I don't
know the difference between optional hyphens and
regular hyphens, and I don't know if your Word is the
same as mine.

When I'm validating and run across words that hve
spaces between them and shouldn't, or words that have
hyphens and shouldn't, I  copy the word into replace,
put the correct word into replace all, and do it. I
find that faster than correcting each word all the
time. I suspect, though, that afer you finish reading,
if that's what you're doing, a spell-check will catch
those words that are hyphenated and shouldn't be.

But are you sure those hyphens are there by mistake?
Some older English books, (early 20th-century and
before)like the Dorothy Sayers and Agatha Christie,
and even if I remember correctly the Whistling Hangman
which was written in the United States, I believe,
hyphenated words that we no longer due. When I've
accepted a book like that I've put a note about those
hyphens in the long synopsis.

Cindy

--- tom hawkins <tjhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Gerald,
Yep did that! Still got'em! Any other thoughts?
Thanks Tom
----- Original Message ----- From: Gerald Hovas