[bksvol-discuss] Re: openbook losing page breaks when converting to rtf?

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 11:36:52 -0500

Hi Yvette,

The only times I've had trouble with this happening is with old, well used books. The books also had other issues, so I was forced to turn-on color mode, which I believe is Openbook's answer to grey scale. My guess is the text went close enough to the spine, and the pages were either faded enough or dirty, so as to fool the OCR into believing it was 1 page. I might have been able to fix it by turning on only column mode, but as I said the books had other issues. For some dopy reason, in one of the books, the type size was different on some of the odd numbered pages as compared to the even numbered ones.

Dave

At 01:24 AM 1/1/2005, you wrote:
I am very new at scanning, but I am now scanning a book with the Openbook program and I am seeing what you describe. I am scanning two pages at once, and I occasionally find two page numbers at the bottom of the scanned page. But, at other times, it puts the pages numbers at the bottom of each page where they belong. I don't understand this.

Why does openbook combine some pages, and keep other separate?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>