[bksvol-discuss] Re: openbook clarification

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:16:31 -0500

I'm so sorry I didn't test entering the Em-dash before I wrote my last message. I hate list clutter, so I shouldn't be the one causing it.

When I held down alt and entered the number 0151 in notepad my synth said "em-dash U grave accent" and when I did the same in Kurzweil it said "long dash" so I suspect we have yet another character. Just what we need. :-)

Do I understand correctly that the 0 in front of the character number means it is an ANSI character value instead of an ASCII character value? I only used ASCII values for accented characters before, so 4 digit numbers are new to me. If I am not mathmatically impared this morning those numbers aren't big enough for unicode.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>