[bksvol-discuss] openbook clarification

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:00:03 -0400

I'd like to know, if someone can describe, what openbook puts into documents in place of quotes and apostrophes?

Also, and I apologize if I seem dense, but is my understanding accurate that these out-of-place characters remain in the document when converted to rtf from Openbook's .ark format? In other words, visually the odd characters are still present? They haven't changed back to regular quotes and apostrophes? I am in the same boat as other blind users in that, and this has been mentioned before, the signs seem correct according to my screen reader.

Thanks, and I hope my questions made some sense,
Scott