[bksvol-discuss] Re: ? on "spaced-out text"

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 09:39:35 -0500

Hi Pamela!

Thanks for being so concerned about the looks of a book. I don't have any sight, but I know that the sighted Bookshare members appreciate it when people care enough to do things like preserving white space with asterisks and the like.

Is the book in Times New Roman? That might help if it is originally in some other font to change it. I'm a Word 2000 user, so I don't know what Word 2007 does.

I hope you are enjoying your volunteering activities.  I sure do.

Debby

At 01:01 PM 5/6/2010, Pamela Hoffard wrote
I'm a fairly new volunteer doing proofing. I am wondering if anybody has come across Word 2007 doing a "space-out text" as follows:

"If we feed it other stuff, maybe it'll be less hungry for you," Damon said.

Where it is all in the same font and size, but the beginning of the sentence is spaced out farther than the rest of the sentence. Is this O.K.? Or what can be done about it?

Thanks for your help,

Pam

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>