[bksvol-discuss] Re: old books?

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:10:55 -0500

To scan for Bookshare.

I can't read printed books.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

Pedantry and mastery are opposite attitudes toward rules. To apply a rule to the letter, rigidly, unquestioningly, in cases where it fits and in cases where it does not fit, is pedantry... To apply a rule with natural ease, with judgment, noticing the cases where it fits, and without ever letting the words of the rule obscure the purpose of the action or the opportunities of the situation, is mastery. -George Polya, professor of mathematics (1887-1985)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephanie" <sdlively@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        From: Estelnalissi <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: [bksvol-discuss] old books?
        To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Friday, March 12, 2010, 7:29 PM

        Dear Booksharian Friends,
         In a couple of weeks Akron will have an antiquarian book fair
        with over 60 dealers. Often these books, many of which are
        rare collector's items, are too expensive for our Volunteer
        budgets, but you never know what perfectly priced treasure is
        there.
         I haven't saved all of the exchanges about series or authors
        some of you are trying to cover. If you are looking for any
        books, write to me off list with the book name and author and
        the highest price you'll pay. If I find what you're looking
        for I'll buy it and the postage to send it to you will be my
        contribution.
         I could also call you on my cell before buying anything for
        you, and, you can pay me after you get the book.
         I'm not sure what I'll be looking for; probably something
        Irish, Scottish, Welsh or poetry. The fun is in the search.
         Always with love,
         Lissi