[bksvol-discuss] Re: old books?

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:10:29 -0500

Hi Valerie,

I would go to about $25.

Smile, but nothing above that, smile.

Depends on what is reasonable, smile, haven't mastered Ebay, haven't bidded in
a long long time on there.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

Pedantry and mastery are opposite attitudes toward rules. To apply a rule to
the letter, rigidly, unquestioningly, in cases where it fits and in cases where
it does not fit, is pedantry... To apply a rule with natural ease, with
judgment, noticing the cases where it fits, and without ever letting the words
of the rule obscure the purpose of the action or the opportunities of the
situation, is mastery. -George Polya, professor of mathematics (1887-1985)

              From: Estelnalissi <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
              Subject: [bksvol-discuss] old books?
              To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Date: Friday, March 12, 2010, 7:29 PM

              Dear Booksharian Friends,

              In a couple of weeks Akron will have an antiquarian book fair
with over 60 dealers. Often these books, many of which are rare collector's
items, are too expensive for our Volunteer budgets, but you never know what
perfectly priced treasure is there.

              I haven't saved all of the exchanges about series or authors some
of you are trying to cover. If you are looking for any books, write to me off
list with the book name and author and the highest price you'll pay. If I find
what you're looking for I'll buy it and the postage to send it to you will be
my contribution.

              I could also call you on my cell before buying anything for you,
and, you can pay me after you get the book.

              I'm not sure what I'll be looking for; probably something Irish,
Scottish, Welsh or poetry. The fun is in the search.

              Always with love,

              Lissi