[bksvol-discuss] Re: ok, newbie scanner has questions

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 10:44:48 -0700

Hi Vivian,

I'll take care of notifying staff about books on the wish list that are
already in the collection for you. Thanks for the catch!

As for images, they won't be retained in the rtf document once it hits the
Bookshare collection, so please remove them.  However, if the page contains
nothing else, make a note on that page that it contained a picture, or
chart, or whatever it was that wouldn't be recognized as text.  We don't
want any missing pages to mess up page count. So even if the image is gone,
please keep the page in the book to maintain proper page numbering. And
image descriptions are always welcome and appreciated!

Hope that answers your questions!  If not, please ask again.

Mayrie