[bksvol-discuss] Re: oh dear, I am more confused

Lol
Well, the subject line should have changed awhile ago in this strand,
because this conversation really has helped cleared things up.

I agree that preface and introduction are important to include. Lots of
times the preface is by someone well-known in the field and the
introduction often describes the contents of the book so well that
college students have been known to often, sometimes, well hardly ever,
<ahem> read the introduction instead of the book when they are pinched
for time.