  From: Donna Goodin
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 4:42 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] (off topic) seeking book recommendation

  Hi all,

    I have a problem and thought maybe you all, being a bunch of heavy readers,
 could help.  I'm studying for Ph.D. comps, and am consequently looking for
some light reading to do in the evening.  Problem is, nothing I have is
grabbing my attention.  I don't want anything sad, or anything that will place
further strain on my already overstrained brain. Some possibilities I've looked
at have included: the Diane Mott Davidson mysteries, but I read the first book
and don't have the second one in the series and I'm finatical about reading
series' in order; the Harry Potter books (but have already read them a
kazillion times).  I've looked at the Lemony Snicket books on bookshare, but
don't know much about them.  Are they the kind of kid books that adults enjoy
too?

    I know this isn't the purpose of this list, so feel free to respond
privately at:
  goodindo@xxxxxxxx I appreciate any suggestions!!!

  Desperately awaiting relief, (grin*
  Donna