[bksvol-discuss] (off topic) seeking book recommendation

  • From: "Donna Goodin" <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 17:42:02 -0400

Hi all,

  I have a problem and thought maybe you all, being a bunch of heavy readers,
could help.  I'm studying for Ph.D. comps, and am consequently looking for some
light reading to do in the evening.  Problem is, nothing I have is grabbing my
attention.  I don't want anything sad, or anything that will place further
strain on my already overstrained brain. Some possibilities I've looked at have
included: the Diane Mott Davidson mysteries, but I read the first book and
don't have the second one in the series and I'm finatical about reading series'
in order; the Harry Potter books (but have already read them a kazillion
times).  I've looked at the Lemony Snicket books on bookshare, but don't know
much about them.  Are they the kind of kid books that adults enjoy too?

  I know this isn't the purpose of this list, so feel free to respond privately
at:
goodindo@xxxxxxxx I appreciate any suggestions!!!

Desperately awaiting relief, (grin*
Donna