[bksvol-discuss] Re: now soft vs hard page breaks was New and a couple questions

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:52:46 -0700

Hi, Melissa,

I edit with Window Eyes and Word.

If you have normal view selected in Word, an actual page break is indicated by the speech saying page break. With a soft page break, the page number of the Word file, not the actual pagination of the book is spoken without any indication of a page break.

A soft page break occurs because the perameters of the Word page have been exceeded in some way--often because the number of lines on the page of an actual book and sometimes because of font size or because of the formatting of space between paragraphs.

One way to eliminate soft page breaks is to increase the length of your pages in Word or to change page margins. Generally I increase the page length from letter size to legal.

I don't know the correct technical terms for some of what I have explained so hope that my comments are clear.

Lori C.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Melissa Smith" <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>