[bksvol-discuss] Re: not saved in rtf?

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 08:23:26 -0800

Hi Siobhan,

You're not doing anything wrong. You're encountering a little glitch that happens when you create rtf files in Kurzweil. Here's how to fix it. Open your rtf file in Microsoft Word, press the spacebar to insert a space at the top of your file, back space over it so it is gone, then save the file in Microsoft Word. Then, upload that file to Bookshare. That should work, always does for me. It just seems that rtf documents created with Kurzweil aren't recognized as such by the Bookshare tools. By opening the file in Word, making a minor change, then resaving the file in Word, you get around that.

If I have been unclear, please, don't hesitate to ask more questions. You're showing very impressive stick-to-itiveness!

Peace,
Mayrie

At 07:59 AM 11/22/2007, you wrote:
Hi all, I scanned the book for as many errors as I can, but the upload won't finish because it says that the file isn'ta valid rtf. I double checked, and saved again, and i haven't touched the file name at all. Can anyone help me figure out whythat happened? thanks for the renaming suggesting I forgot about that.