[bksvol-discuss] Re: nonfiction novel

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 23:58:04 +0000

 Chris and friends,

Vidal was not speaking carelessly. His books can never be considered non-fiction as long as he has conversations for which he cannot show a source in history. He knows that and while his point of view might not be apparent, every time he chooses between one fact and another, one line of dialogue and another, he is putting in his perspective. He, of all people, would not appreciate having his work labeled non-fiction. If you have ever listened to him you would know how carefully he chooses his words. That is what made his debates with William F. Buckley so fascinating. The two most articulate speakers to whom I have ever listened. I would have been mute with fear if I had ever had to communicate with either of them.

Amy
omsm

-------------- Original message from "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------