[bksvol-discuss] Re: nonfiction bookthat sounds interesting added to Wish Li...

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:55:20 EDT

I guess I got lucky with my first proofreading experience. I didn't get
help from anyone. As intimidated as I was with doing almost anything with a
computer I just read the volunteer manual -- it was not as complex then as it
is now -- and downloaded a book to proofread. It turned out to have no
errors, so I thought this is going to be really easy. My problem came in
uploading
it. I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I subscribed to this list to
ask and I have been here ever since.

                  "If you don't stand for something you will fall for
anything.
" Malcolm X

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] nonfiction bookthat sounds interesting added to Wish List
today.
Date:
10/15/2009 2:54:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Also, I was hoping maybe someone who has some time could explain to Penney
how a blind person can proofread--what kind of equipment is needed, etc.. I
told
her very briefly what proofreading entails and mentioned the volunteer
manual. I also said I would post her note to the volunteer list in hopes someone
could give her more info than I. That explains the first line of her note
to me. Bob suggested that I refer her to Pavi, but I really was hoping that
one
of you could welcome her and explain. I know explaining is time-consuming.
I did have an explanation of what proofreading involves saved on my desktop.
but one of you--was it Monica? Or Mayrie? Or Lissi? I hope that person
saved it so she doesn't have to rewrite it every time someone else asks. smile
Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: