[bksvol-discuss] Re: non keyboard character help please

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:00:59 -0500

You can also obtain nonkeyboard characters by making sure your numlock key is on, then holding down the alt key while entering 0 followed by the number of the character on the numeric keypad. For example, to get the em dash, simply hold down the alt key and enter 0151 on your numpad. The advantage of this method is that it is nonapplication specific, so you don't have to remember how to do it in the particular application you're using.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>