[bksvol-discuss] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 18:59:03 -0800

Who is Rick?
--------------------------------
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated, but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to, then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of the performances."—Trumpeter Chris Botti
--------------------------------
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
--------------------------------
From: Nicole Norton <nicolen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] (no subject)
To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, March 5, 2010, 1:01 PM

Hi Judy et al,

Thanks for your patience in receiving
my reply. As Carrie
mentioned in her email yesterday, this is a very difficult
issue that doesn't
lend itself to obvious solutions. Yesterday's meeting
with the Volunteer
Advisory Team (VAT) really helped me understand the
community at large and made
me privy to ongoing concerns, processes and logistics, all
of which I'm keen to
learn.

As background to Julie’s initial
response, Bookshare
was alerted to a problem situation and addressed it through
a  broad
statement of policy. The intent of stating the policy was
certainly not to
alienate nor discourage anyone in the community. Instead,
it was a reminder
that transmitting whole books, more than just pages, is
indeed a violation of
copyright and must be avoided.

I am sorry that there was some
misunderstanding around
communication. However, I believe through this forum, we
have now been able to
address the real issue at hand.

I want to reiterate how important you
all are to Bookshare
and we do listen to your concerns and feedback. Once again,
thank you for your
contributions and continued support of Bookshare.

Nicole
Norton

Bookshare Volunteer
Program